Sunday, July 31, 2016

Our Story

I owe Myspace all of the credit for this love story. Myspace and my best friend since Kindergarten, Rebekah. I added Jake on Myspace in Fall 2007 while browsing through Rebekah's friends list; adding people that I had met through her. I probably friend requested 10 people that night. Shortly after accepting, Jake sent me the classic message, "Do I know you?" which led into three months of constant questions through Myspace messaging. I remember telling Rebekah, "Your cousin will not leave me alone!" to which she replied, "Oh Jake's so sweet though. You should get to know him!" Jake didn't give me a choice to not get to know him. We messaged all day, every day.

My favorite question Jake asked was probably, "Do you play any sports?" to which I told the half truth and said I used to play volleyball.

I mean, I tried out and "made the team" to quit a week later. I've never been good at sports.

Art. I paint. I'm an artist.

I guess that was good enough, because Jake wanted to meet me after Winter Break of our 10th grade year and showed up in my homeroom with coffee in hand (soulmate, I had coffee too). He walked me to every class for the next three days and on Friday, the fourth of January, right after school, a really nervous 10th grade boy asked me to be his girlfriend.




Fast forward.. We graduated high school together, went off to the same college, had our fair share of fights, break-ups, and make-ups, moved to North Georgia together, changed our majors and schools, and somehow ended up in the rural south surrounded by cows and corn. Yee-Yee?! We're planting our feet in Irwin + Ben Hill county for a few years.

Through it all, I have never loved anyone or trusted anyone more than I love and trust Jake. Even when we were "not together", we were still together. He has been my shoulder to cry on and my go-to for advice for going on 9 years now. A true best friend that has loved me unconditionally no matter what. We've been waiting on this chapter in our lives for a long time, and now that it's finally here, we can't wait to share it with you!








 Top Left: Thanksgiving 2008
 Top Right: Myrtle Beach 2012
 2nd Row, Left: NGCSU 2011 - 2012
 2nd Row, Right: NGCSU 2011 - 2012
 3rd Row, Left: Christmas 2010
 3rd Row, Left: Fall 2009
 Last Picture: Junior Prom 2009





No comments :

Post a Comment